Sunday, February 14, 2010

10 Yoga Postures Performed By Cats

A friend sent me a link to SimplySweat.com Blog by Lyndon and I just had to share it. My chiropractor and yoga mentor would also appreciate me sharing this information. He is always telling me to watch my cats, because they stretch ALL the time and look at how flexible they are. Stretching strengthens muscles, improves circulation, and increases flexibility. Stretching helps you feel better overall! So watch and learn from your kitties!

Most of Yoga actually imitates what animals do easily and many yoga positions will require you to imitate some sort of animal. Old Yoga gurus believed that by taking the posture of a certain animal, we can embody the cosmic energy and thus achieve a stability of mind and body.

The following cats have been caught on camera in 10 of the most popular yoga positions.

1. The Cobra – Bhujangasana


2. Upavistha Konasana (Wide Seated Forward Bend)

3. Janu Shirshasana

4. Twist Pose

5. Sukasana Pose

6. Savasana Pose

7. Downward Facing Dog – Adho Mukha Svanasana

8. The Bridge – Sethu Bandhasa

9. Cat Pose

10. Mountain – Tadasana

No comments: